Careers at Great Plains College
Thank you for your interest in a position with Great Plains College.
Current Job Postings
Early Childhood Education Instructor - #U19-14/15 – Whitecap Dakota First Nation
Great Plains College is looking for an ECE Instructor for the following; ECE101 (Roles and Values of the Early Childhood Educator), ECE102 (Programming for Creative Arts Development), ECE103 (Programming for Language Arts Development), ECE104 (Programming for Cognitive Development), ECE105 (Programming for Social & Emotional Development)
Education and Experience
• Bachelor of Education Degree with a major focus in ECE or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum two years recent and relevant experience in an early childhood setting as a childcare worker, educator or instructor.
• Effective instructional ability
• Effective interpersonal skills
• Effective communication (both oral and written) skills
• Ability to work with people from equity groups
Term Position – 126 hours
Start Date: September 9, 2014
End Date: June 16, 2015
Applications received on or before 12:00pm on August 1, 2014 will be considered.
For additional information, contact Rob Neufeld, Region Manager, at (306)657-1852.
Send resume and cover letter, quoting competition #U19-14/15 to:
Great Plains College
Swift Current Campus
Box 5000, 129 2nd Ave NE
Swift Current, SK S9H 4G3
Power Engineering Instructor – Kindersley Campus
Great Plains College is searching for an energetic, proactive instructor for our Power Engineering program. This program equips students with skills necessary to be a successful power engineer as well as with knowledge of current industry standards. Courses range from drafting to applied mechanics to refrigeration and thermodynamics. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to impart their knowledge and experience to the next generation of power engineers.
Great Plains College offers instructors a competitive salary, matching pension contributions, a comprehensive benefit plan, a market stipend and an appealing work-life balance. Relocation expense reimbursement will be negotiated should the successful candidate live outside of the Kindersley Region.
$51,496 to $87,080 commensurate with education and experience
• negotiable market adjustment
An Instructor is the educational leader in the classroom and will ensure that the college’s programs are implemented in a way that maximizes the adult student’s learning experiences. They plan, organize and implement an appropriate instructional program in a learning environment that guides and encourages students to develop and fulfill their academic potential. In addition, the instructor creates and oversees work placement programs, acts as a subject matter expert in curriculum design projects as well as liaises with professional organizations and industry partners.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Candidates must be able to demonstrate:
• A commitment to the principles of adult education.
• Knowledge of individualized and classroom instructional techniques.
• Knowledge of and the ability to communicate effectively and cooperatively, both orally and in writing, with people from various backgrounds.
• Ability to teach a range of subjects at various academic levels and involve students in the learning process as well as relate subject material to everyday life.
• Ability to evaluate student progress.
• Ability to assess students’ learning needs and to facilitate learning opportunities to meet those needs.
• Ability to deal effectively with difficult situations.
• Demonstrated proficiency in word processing, email and the internet.
• Leadership and motivation skills.
• Well-developed time management and organizational skills.
• Desire to enhance teaching and learning through the use of technology.
• Willingness to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
• Fourth Class Power Engineering Interprovincial Certificate with extensive experience;
• Five year of recent, on-the-job Fourth Class operating experience
• Preference will be given to candidates who possess:
o Third Class Interprovincial Certificate
o Instructional experience.
o Refrigeration Engineer's Certificate and experience in refrigeration operations.
• Location: Kindersley, Saskatchewan
• To explore this opportunity further or to obtain additional information, contact:
Fritz Eckstein, Region Manager
Ph: (306) 463-1356
• For additional information related to the community of Kindersley, explore:
• To apply, email your resume and cover letter quoting competition #U49-13/14, to email@example.com.
• Applications will be reviewed starting on June 27, 2014 with the competition remaining open until filled.
We thank you for your interest in this position; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
<!--[if gte mso 9]> <![endif]-->