Eligible programs for International students for 2016-17 are:
- Administrative Assistant (Swift Current) – International Administrative Assistant program information sheet-April 2016
- Business (Swift Current) – International Business program information sheet-April 2016
HOW TO APPLY TO GREAT PLAINS COLLEGE
1) Complete the International Student application form or request a paper copy of the form to be mailed or emailed to you.
- All students will participate in an orientation at the beginning of the program. This will include information on the college and its services, the student’s program, college rules and policies and community services.
- Program prerequisites are listed in the individual program descriptions.
- English Language Proficiency Requirements are required and noted below and in the Great Plains International Student Handbook.
2) Submit your application.
Your application can be submitted using one of the following methods:
- Submit via email to email@example.com
- Print the completed application and mail, along with all supporting documents to:
Margaret Schafer, Student Adviser
Great Plains College
129 2nd Avenue NE
Swift Current, SK S9H 2C6
3) Submit your application fee and supporting documentation.
In order for your application to be assessed for admission to the program, we require:
a. A $125 CDN non-refundable application fee payable to Great Plains College. Please call 1 (866) 296-2472 to pay your application fee.
b. All official secondary and/or post-secondary transcripts from your home country and from Canada along with results of any foreign credential recognition assessments you have had completed in past. Transcripts must be sent directly from the originating institution to Great Plains College. All transcripts must be translated to English.
c. English Language Proficiency Requirement: Provide proof of English Language Proficiency if English is not your first language. If testing is required, have test results sent directly to Great Plains College from the testing service.
You will be contacted within 48 business hours of your applications being successfully received. You will be contacted by the Student Adviser if any information is missing or in question. If a Foreign Credential Recognition process is required to evaluate your transcript and additional fees apply, the Student Adviser will contact you to discuss this.
- Once your program entrance requirements have been met you will receive an acceptance letter outlining your program, tuition and scholarship details.
- You will be asked to pay a tuition deposit of 25 percent of your full tuition within 30 days to secure your seat.
- If you apply to a program that is already full, or have not met your program’s prerequisites, a student adviser will contact you to discuss your options.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Check out the International Student Handbook for more information on Great Plains College.
To learn more about the community of Swift Current, SK, contact the Southwest Newcomer Welcome Centre at (306) 778-6262.