Call us for more information and to register: (306) 773-1531
Toll-free Swift Current: 1 (866) 296-2472
Mental Health First Aid
Mental Health First Aid Basic is a 12 hour course that teaches participants to help someone showing signs of a mental health problem or experiencing a mental health crisis. The course aims to teach people to:
- Identify when a person may be a danger to themselves or to others and take steps to preserve life
- Recognize the early signs of mental health problems and provide help to prevent more serious problems from developing
- Provide comfort to someone with a mental health problem and support them in the recovery of their mental health.
- Guide a person toward the appropriate professional help.
The course outline includes:
- Mental Health and Mental Problems – an overview
- Substance-related disorders
- Mood-related disorders
- Anxiety & Trauma-related disorders
- Psychotic disorders
This is an interactive course that provides a supportive group learning environment. Practical skills are taught using a model that is easy to remember and apply in real-life settings.
After completing the course, participants will receive a Mental Health First Aid Canada Certificate. Participants also keep their copy of the first aid manual, which covers the course content and provides additional resources. Participants must attend all 12 hours of the course to receive their Mental Health First Aid certificate.
Dates: January 29 & 30 and April 9 & 10
Time: 8:30am to 3:30pm
|Jan 29, 2019 - Jan 30, 2019, 8:30 am - 3:30 pm|
|Apr 9, 2019 - Apr 10, 2019, 8:30 am - 3:30 pm|