This one-day course is intended for all workers in the petroleum industry who could be exposed to hydrogen sulphide (H2S).
- H2S properties
- Health hazards and locations
- Hazard assessment and control
- Respiratory protective equipment
- Detection of H2S
- Initial response strategy
- Participants must be able to put on a mask and breathe under air
- Participants must be able to participate in rescue drag techniques
- Basic literacy and understanding in the language the course is being taught is required
- Students must be on time and present for all course content instruction.
Upon successful completion of the course and examination with a minimum score of 70%, you will receive a Certificate of Completion that is valid for three years.
This course is one of the Safety Training courses offered at Great Plains College. If you are interested in taking this course and there is not a date assigned for this location, please connect with us to express interest. We will contact you when/if the course is scheduled in the community. We regularly work with businesses and communities to provide customized training opportunities.
If you hold a currently valid H2S certificate you can choose to complete a Blended Renewal instead of a full course - check out the details here