- A valid Safety Management and Regulatory Awareness for Wellsite Supervision certificate, with a grade of 85% or higher on the written exam
- You must have a basic understanding of IRP 7 and the material covered in the full three-day version of this program
This classroom course is a recertification course designed to ensure that you maintain a high level of awareness of your responsibilities and roles with respect to safety management and regulatory compliance at the wellsite. Key legislated rules and industry practices for Alberta, British Columbia, and Saskatchewan are reviewed and summarized in an index with references for further research.
This refresher course has been developed in conjunction with the Drilling and Completions Committee (DACC) to assist industry in maintaining the minimum training levels identified in Industry Recognized Practice (IRP) 7: Standards for Wellsite Supervision of Drilling Completions and Workovers.
Designed for: Wellsite supervisors and prime contractors.
- Responsibilities for health and safety legislation
- Health and safety program elements
- Supervisor’s role
- Hazard identification
- Risk assessment and control
- Incident investigation
- Emergency response
- Leadership skills