For the 2020-21 academic year, you are automatically considered for an Entrance Scholarship when you apply to a full-time student loan-eligible program before the scholarship deadline (see below).
You must pay your $55 application fee and submit your most current transcripts for your application to be considered.
- $500 minimum Entrance Scholarship
- $5,000 maximum Entrance Scholarship
Entrance Scholarships ($500-$1,000)
Entrance Scholarships of $500 are available to full-time student-loan eligible students in:
- Certificate in Occupational Health, Safety and Environmental Systems
- Certificate in Health, Safety and Environmental Processes
- Diploma in Safety, Health and Environmental Management
Entrance Scholarships of $1,000 are available to full-time student-loan eligible students in:
- Practical Nursing
Grade-based Entrance Scholarships ($500-$5,000)
Grade-based scholarships up to a maximum total of $5,000 are available to full-time student-loan eligible students in:
- Administrative Assistant
- Continuing Care Assistant
- Business (certificate and Human Resources or Management diploma)
- Power Engineering
- Youth Care Worker
2020-21 Grade-based Entrance Scholarship Levels
74% or lower - $500
75-79% - $1,000
Note: Entrance Scholarship grade average is calculated based on marks from 30-level Canadian studies and English classes, and the highest achieved marks from 20 or 30-level math and science classes. Some exceptions may apply.
Entrance Scholarship Deadlines:
* June 30 – deadline for September entry (* has been extended from previously-announced April 30 deadline date)
Oct. 31 – deadline for late fall and winter program start dates
Feb. 28 – deadline for spring program start dates
The fine print for Entrance Scholarships:
In order to be eligible for an entrance scholarship your application must be received by June 30, 2020 (deadline has been extended) for September 2020 program start dates, by October 31, 2020 for late fall and winter program start dates, or by February 28, 2021 for spring program start date. This includes your Great Plains College Certificate & Diploma programs application or Great Plains College university application form, your application fee and a copy of your most recent transcript.