APPLICATION AND ACCEPTANCE PROCESS
- Complete the online application form. Please be prepared to upload the following documents as you go through the application process:
- High school and/or post-secondary transcript(s)
- A copy of your passport
- Language assessment results (IELTS, Duolingo, PTE, IBT, TOEFL or PBT)
- A copy of your receipt from the paid $140 non-refundable application fee. This can be paid online via flywire.
- Once you’ve completed the application form, press the “submit” button and you’ll receive confirmation that your application has been received. Your application will only be available for review by our admissions staff after you submit a completed application form, including receipt of the application fee and all supporting documents.
- You will be contacted within 7-10 business days of your application being successfully processed. If you have applied to a program and have NOT been contacted, please email us at email@example.com.
- International students who meet the requirements of the program will be provided a written offer letter.
- The offer letter will request payment of the tuition deposit. A seat in the program will not formally be held until the tuition deposit is received. Tuition deposits are required to be paid via flywire within 30 calendar days of the letter. For further tuition deposit information please see the International Tuition, Fees and Refund Schedule.
- Once the tuition deposit has been received, a formal Letter of Acceptance will be issued which can be used to apply for a study permit.
Please note: Students who have already been granted a visa are not eligible for a tuition refund.
- International Students in Canada must apply for a Canadian study permit from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada in order to study at a post-secondary institution in Canada.
- The official letter of acceptance provided by Great Plains College must accompany your application for a study permit to verify you plan on studying at a designated learning institution in Canada. Great Plains College is a Designated Learning Institution (DLI Number 0214383061827).
- It is strongly recommended that you submit your study permit application at least three months prior to the start of classes to allow adequate time for processing. For more information on the study permit process please visit www.cic.gc.ca.
- Please note that in addition to the letter of acceptance you will have to prove that you have the financial resources to cover the full program tuition and fees as well as living expenses for the duration of your study period. You will also have to verify that you do not have a criminal record, that you do not pose a security risk to Canada, and that you are in good health.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT AWARDS
The International Student Award is available to international students enrolled in the Business Diploma in Management, Early Childhood Education, Hotel and Restaurant Management or Youth Care Worker Diploma programs. Five awards of $2,000 will be granted in the 2023-24 academic year to international students entering the second year of their diploma program. Click here to learn more and apply.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
For more information on Great Plains College International please contact: