Economic prosperity and quality of life through education and training.
To focus our energy and innovation on building careers, partnerships and communities.
Great Plains College is accessible, ambitious, collaborative, innovative, responsive and supportive.
Strategic Directions & Goals
- Optimize Student Success
- Improve student retention through increased understanding of student needs
- Enrich student life and learning experiences
- Success looks like: Student success is defined, student needs are identified and addressed through best practices, and the number of graduates has increased
- Provide Program Growth Through Partnership & Investment
- Develop partnerships that connect to employability and program growth
- Increase external investments to assist with funding of institutional operation and program capacity
- Success looks like: Increased business partnerships, strong relationships with other educational institutions and investment in programs
- Deliver Education & Training to Support Regional Labour Market Development
- Deliver quality programs to meet regional needs and maximize program capacity
- Increase engagement with potential learners
- Amplify awareness of program offerings through marketing and communication
- Success looks like: Amplified awareness of college programs, positive community reputation and increased enrolment
- Value Employees
- Promote a collaborative, supportive, and unified work environment
- Encourage professional growth
- Success looks like: Increased student success, enhanced productivity and innovation and a unified work environment
Great Plains College will continue to build its performance and relationships with stakeholders through enhanced services to students and increased understanding of incoming student needs, increased student retention, external investment and partnerships, along with targeted programs that meet regional needs and maximize program capacity through our staff’s strengths.