Registration Deadline: November 6, 2018 (Kindersley) November 1, 2018 (Swift Current)
Tuesday November 13, 2018 - Sunday November 18, 2018
9:00 am - 5:00 pm daily
*At home study is required in addition to these course dates*
November 13, 14, 15, 20, 21, 22, 2018
9 am - 4 pm daily
This 40 hour tutorial will cover the basic principles of design, operation and maintenance of heating boilers and related equipment used in buildings of moderate to large size in order to prepare students to write the provincial licensing exam. The exam sitting is not included; however, students can book an exam by contacting the Technical Safety Authority of Saskatchewan (formerly Saskatchewan Boiler's Branch).
This course is one of the Safety Training courses offered at Great Plains College. If you are interested in taking this course and there is not a date assigned for this location, please connect with us to express interest. We will contact you when/if the course is scheduled in the community.
We regularly work with businesses and communities to provide customized training opportunities.
- The Boiler and Pressure Vessel Act, Regulations and Reference Codes
- Basic Principles of Thermodynamics
- Boiler Types, Design and Terminology
- Boiler Fittings for Steam and Hot Water Boilers
- Automatic Boiler Controls
- Fuels and Combustion
- Boiler Operation and Maintenance
- Boiler Water Treatment
- Pumps and Air Compressors
- Valves, Piping Materials, Expansion, Support, Insulation and Steam Traps
- Steam & Hot Water Heating Systems Arrangements and Components
- Building Services: Water Supply Systems, Sanitary Drainage Systems, Humidification, Ventilation and Air Filtration
- Fire and Building Safety
- Electricity, Lighting Systems and Equipment