Obtain or update your First Aid certification with just one-day in the classroom!
First Aid / CPR / AED (Blended Learning | Red Cross)
Blended Learning method combines online learning and face-to-face instruction to achieve a Standard First Aid and CPR/AED certification. This can be done at your own pace and when you have the free time, over several days or all one day – whatever you prefer; but needs to be completed within a 6-week window of the classroom portion. It can be accessed anywhere via the internet. You need to first register into one of our Blended Learning classroom sessions, and then complete the on-line learning portion prior to the classroom session, within 6 weeks of the in-class portion. In this one day of in-class training, you will complete the hands-on skills portion and be taught how to apply everything you have learned online.
It's as Easy as 1-2-3:
(1) Complete 8 hours of theory-based material as part of the online component up to 6 weeks prior to the in-class course.
(2) Attend an 8 hour in-class training session where skills will be taught and evaluated. NOTE: The classroom session needs to be within 6 weeks of completion of the on-line portion.
(3) Successfully complete the knowledge evaluation and your Standard First Aid & CPR/AED certification is complete.
- Preparing to respond
- EMS system check
- Care airway emergencies
- Breathing and circulation emergencies
- First aid for respiratory and cardiac arrest
- Wound care, head and spine injuries
- Bone, muscle and joint injuries
- Sudden medical emergencies environmental emergencies
100% attendance, skills demonstration, and 75% minimum passing grade on written exam provides you with a 3-year certification in Standard First Aid with CPR and AED.
First Aid / CPR / AED, (1-Day Recertification | Red Cross)
First Aid Recertification for students with a VALID Standard Red Cross Certificate is available. Please ensure that a recertification meets the requirements for your employer or other application, as some students may be required to take a full course every three years. To successfully complete a recertification course, qualified students must already be well-versed and familiar with the information to be prepared to correctly demonstrate the skills and techniques.
This course is one of the Safety Training courses offered at Great Plains College. If you are interested in taking this course and there is not a date assigned for this location, please connect with us to express interest. We will contact you when/if the course is scheduled in the community. We regularly work with businesses and communities to provide customized training opportunities.
|Dec 14, 2021, 8:30 am - 5:00 pm|
|Dec 2, 2021, 8:30 am - 5:00 pm|
|Dec 21, 2021, 8:30 am - 5:00 pm|
|Dec 6, 2021, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm|