Labour Market Services
Great Plains College provides a community-hosted job search resource centre on campus. This provides year-round access for job seekers requiring basic self-serve job search service including access to SaskJobs.ca. This includes access to meetings with Labour Market Services staff to learn about the programs and services of support that services may be available to them. This occurs on an appointment basis.
The easily accessible location provides a welcoming environment for job seekers and employers to obtain information on the labour market and relevant services. Job seekers will be able to access the necessary tools to perform a self-directed job search, obtain information, and access referrals to appropriate services.
To book an appointment call (306) 694-3699 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Each year the college captures institutional performance data through Student Outcome and Annual Graduate Surveys in order to gage its performance in relation to learning outcomes and graduate employment. Highlights from the reports are as follows:
Based on the 2013-14 Annual Graduate Survey (completed by Fast Consulting in December 2015):
- 84% of graduates are currently employed;
- 94% of graduates say Great Plains College prepared them to work in their field of study;
- 86% of graduates found employment within the Great Plains College region; and
- 67% of graduates said that receiving a scholarship was important in their decision to attend Great Plains College.
Based on the 2014-15 University Student Follow-up Survey (completed by Fast Consulting in December 2015):
- 97% of university students say one of the reasons they chose Great Plains College is that it allowed them to “stay close to home”;
- 97% of university students would take subsequent years of their university program at Great Plains College if offered, compared to 70% in 2013-14; and,
- 93% of university students would prefer to find employment in Southwest Saskatchewan upon completion of their studies, compared to 73% in 2013-14.
Based on the 2014-15 Student Outcome Report (completed by Fast Consulting in December 2015):
- 79% of post-secondary students in 2014-15 had secured full-time employment within 60-90 days of graduating and completing their programs;
- 94% would take another class and-or program at Great Plains College; and
- 97% of students would recommend GPC to a friend, colleague or family member.