Great Plains College has partnered with Fresh Start to provide face-to-face counselling services for current students at college locations. These services will be available from September 2022 to May 2023.
To book an appointment:
- contact a student adviser or
- phone or text Fresh Start at 306-741-0538
- Maple Creek: Thursdays from 9:30 AM-3:30 PM
- Martensville: Mondays in Room C4, from 9 AM-3 PM
- Swift Current: Wednesdays in Room 116 from 9 AM-4 PM
- Warman: Thursdays in the Testing Room from 9 AM-4:30 PM
- Biggar and Kindersley: Service will be provided on an as-needed basis
Health and dental coverage
Great Plains College is proud to offer health and dental coverage to its full-time students. Students will pay an additional $252 in student fees for the extended coverage, which is student loan-eligible, but may opt out if they are already covered under a comparable health and dental plan.
The benefits stemmed from the results of a student referendum in November 2011. They are established through an agreement between Great Plains College, Saskatchewan Polytech and service provider Gallivan & Associates.
Coverage includes, but is not limited to:
- prescription drugs
- vision and dental care
- massage, chiropractic and physiotherapy
- ambulance services
- medical equipment and supplies (crutches, wheelchair, walkers, braces, etc.)
- travel insurance
- myWellness mental health and wellness program (access to support resources, an anonymous mental health assessment, online and group counselling, a crisis line and toolbox of helpful solutions to help students maintain good mental health and a positive and productive lifestyle while completing their studies.)
For a list of eligible programs, information on accessing or withdrawing from coverage or to make a claim,
visit www.mystudentplan.ca/gpc or email us.
Please refer to the mycanadaplan's informational document for additional details in relation to their Policy for International Student Health Insurance.