Great Plains College boasts one of the most competitive scholarship programs among regional colleges in the province. Thanks to the generous support of our donors, more than $2 million has been distributed to students enrolled in full-time student loan-eligible programs since 2009, including more than $178,000 in the 2017-18 academic year.
Great Plains College is pleased to offer a number of scholarship opportunities for students applying to full-time student loan-eligible programs, including:
- Entrance Scholarships - $500-$5,000 (note: the scholarship application deadline for September programs has been extended to June 30, 2018)
- Grade 11 Early Entrance Scholarship - $1,000
- Saskatoon Regional Economic Development Authority (SREDA) Indigenous Economic Development Scholarship
- Living Sky Casino Indigenous Adult Basic Education Persistence Award
- Innovation Credit Union Community Innovator Award (competition is closed for 2018-19)
Many other sources of financial aid are available, including scholarships from community organizations or your program’s accrediting institution, government student loans, bank lines of credit and the Saskatchewan Advantage Scholarship. Our student advisers are happy to assist you with general loan information, application support, confirmation of registration, and repayment information.