Fires in the home or at a place of business can be devastating and sometimes fatal. Understanding fire prevention, good storage practices and housekeeping are keys to preventing fires. Effective training and the proper equipment for your environment are prudent to protecting lives and property.
Students are required to write an examination using the resources provided and earn a minimum score of 70% to achieve certification.
IMPORTANT: This course demonstrates the proper techniques to extinguish live fires under direct supervision of a qualified instructor.
Our course objectives are to assist you to understand:
- How to make good decisions regarding your reactions to a fire
- Develop an understanding of the components of fire and how they combine to create fire
- Be able to classify a fire based upon the fuel that is burning
- Select the correct fire extinguisher based upon the type of fuel that is burning
- Develop an understanding of secondary hazards when a fire is present
- Conduct basic inspection, maintenance, and storage of fire extinguishers
- Fight or flight, how to make good decisions when faced with a fire
- Use of a fire extinguisher to put out several types of fires
- How to apply what you learn at home