Each year the college captures institutional performance data through Student Outcome and Annual Graduate Surveys in order to gauge its performance in relation to learning outcomes and graduate employment. Highlights from the reports are as follows:
Based on the 2017-18 Annual Graduate Survey (completed by Fast Consulting in January 2020):
- 88% of graduates are currently employed;
- 60% of Basic Education graduates are currently employed;
- 98% of graduates say Great Plains College prepared them to work in their field of study; and
- 75% of graduates found employment within the Great Plains College region
Based on the 2018-19 University Student Follow-up Survey (completed by Fast Consulting in December 2019):
- 100% of university students say one of the reasons they chose Great Plains College is that it allowed them to “stay close to home”;
- 79% of university students would take subsequent years of their university program at Great Plains College if offered; and,
- 96% of university students who received a scholarship say it influenced their decision to attend the college;.
Based on the 2018-19 Student Outcome Report (completed by Fast Consulting in December 2019):
- 82% of post-secondary students in 2018-19 had secured employment in their field within 60-90 days of graduating and completing their programs;
- 64% of basic education students in 2018-19 had secured employment in their field within 60-90 days of graduating and completing their programs;
- 75% of employed students found employment within the Great Plains College (Southwest) region; and
- 96% of students would recommend Great Plains College to a friend, colleague or family member.