Great Plains College is recognized as an approved Designated Learning Institution authorized to re-open for international students. Learn more here.
For questions or more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +1-306-778-5460.
Great Plains College is pleased to have opportunities for international students to pursue a high-quality education at our Kindersley, Swift Current and Warman Campuses. Recognized as a Designated Learning Institution (DLI), as approved by the Ministry of Advanced Education in the Province of Saskatchewan, our program offerings for international students include certificate and diploma options. With small class sizes and friendly, experienced staff and access to support, the college offers a safe, fun and welcoming learning environment.
The following programs are eligible for international student admissions in 2022-23:
- Administrative Assistant - Swift Current Campus
- Business Diploma in Management - Swift Current Campus
- Business Diploma in Management - Warman Campus
- Continuing Care Assistant - Kindersley Campus
- Continuing Care Assistant - Swift Current Campus
- Youth Care Worker Diploma - Warman Campus
Please note: applications for entry into all September 2022 programs are now closed with the exception of applications from international students who are already in Canada with a valid study permit.
Before filling out the international application form, prospective applicants are encouraged to review eligible program information including admission prerequisites and International English Language Proficiency Requirements in order to determine if we have the right program for you.
HOW TO APPLY TO GREAT PLAINS COLLEGE
- Complete the online application.
- Pay the $140 CAD non-refundable application fee via flywire.
- Submit all official secondary and post-secondary transcripts from your home country and from within Canada. A scanned copy of the documents is acceptable for admission purposes. However, an original copy will have to be presented upon your arrival to Great Plains College. If you need to order original documents then you should have them sent directly to Great Plains College. All transcripts must be translated to English.
- Provide proof that you meet the International English Language Proficiency Requirements of Great Plains College. If testing is required, please have the documentation from the testing service sent directly to Great Plains College.
- Submit your application form, transcripts and proof of English language proficiency online. If you choose to mail hard copies before your arrival, please forward to:
Great Plains College International
c/o Kristy Sletten, Manager of Admissions and International
Swift Current Campus - 129 2nd Ave. NE
Swift Current, SK S9H 2C6
- Once your application has been submitted, you will receive a confirmation email that will indicate the successful receipt of your application. For all programs - other than the Continuing Care Assistant program - applications will be processed within 3-5 business days.
- If any additional information is required a representative from Great Plains College International will contact you. If your transcripts requires further foreign credential assessment you will be contacted to initiate this process.
- International students who meet the requirements of the program will be provided a written offer letter.
- The offer letter will request payment of the tuition deposit. A seat in the program will not formally be held until the tuition deposit is received. Tuition deposits are required to be paid via flywire within 30 calendar days of the letter. For further tuition deposit information please see the International Tuition, Fees and Refund Schedule.
- Once the tuition deposit has been received, a formal Letter of Acceptance will be issued which can be used to apply for a study permit.
Please note: Students who have already been granted a visa are not eligible for a tuition refund.
- International Students in Canada must apply for a Canadian study permit from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada in order to study at a post-secondary institution in Canada.
- The official letter of acceptance provided by Great Plains College must accompany your application for a study permit to verify you plan on studying at a designated learning institution in Canada. Great Plains College is a Designated Learning Institution (DLI Number 0214383061827).
- It is strongly recommended that you submit your study permit application at least three months prior to the start of classes to allow adequate time for processing. For more information on the study permit process please visit www.cic.gc.ca.
- Please note that in addition to the letter of acceptance you will have to prove that you have the financial resources to cover the full program tuition and fees as well as living expenses for the duration of your study period. You will also have to verify that you do not have a criminal record, that you do not pose a security risk to Canada, and that you are in good health.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT AWARDS
The International Student Award is available to international students enrolled in the Business Diploma in Management or Youth Care Worker Diploma programs. Five awards of $2,000 will be granted in the 2022-23 academic year to international students entering the second year of their diploma program. Click here to learn more and apply.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
For more information on Great Plains College International please contact: