Great Plains College is pleased to have opportunities for international students to pursue a high-quality education at our Swift Current Campus. Recognized as a Designated Learning Institution (DLI), our programs for international students are direct entry and graduates receive parchment that is accredited and recognized. With small class sizes and friendly, experienced staff and access to support, the college offers a safe, fun and welcoming learning environment.
The following programs are eligible for international student admissions in 2019-20:
- Administrative Assistant - Swift Current Campus
- Business Certificate - Swift Current Campus
- Business Certificate - Warman Campuses
- Continuing Care Assistant - Kindersley Campus
Before filling out the international application form, prospective applicants are encouraged to review eligible program information including admission prerequisites and International English Language Proficiency Requirements order to determine if we have the right program for you.
HOW TO APPLY TO GREAT PLAINS COLLEGE
- Complete the online application or download the fillable Great Plains College application form.
- Pay the $125 non-refundable application fee via flywire.
- Submit all official secondary and post-secondary transcripts from your home country and from within Canada. A scanned copy of the documents is acceptable for admission purposes. However, an original copy will have to be presented upon your arrival to Great Plains College. If you need to order original documents then you should have them sent directly to Great Plains College. All transcripts must be translated to English.
- Provide proof that you meet the International English Language Proficiency Requirements of Great Plains College. If testing is required, please have the documentation from the testing service sent directly to Great Plains College.
- Submit your application form, transcripts and proof of English language proficiency online or through email OR mail to:
Great Plains College International
c/o Kristy Sletten, Manager of Admissions and International
Swift Current Campus - 129 2nd Ave. NE
Swift Current, SK S9H 2C6
- If your information is submitted via email you will receive a message within three business days that will confirm the successful receipt of your information.
- If any additional information is required a representative from Great Plains College International will contact you. If your transcripts requires further foreign credential assessment you will be contacted to initiate this process.
- International students who meet the requirements of the program will be provided a written letter of acceptance.
- Accompanying the letter of acceptance will be a request for payment of the tuition deposit to successfully hold your seat in the program. Tuition deposits are required to be paid via flywire within 30 calendar days of the letter. For further tuition deposit information please see the International Tuition, Fees and Refund Schedule.
Please note: Students who have already been granted a visa are not eligible for a tuition refund.
- International Students in Canada must apply for a Canadian study permit from the Canadian embassy in order to study at a post-secondary institution in Canada.
- The official letter of acceptance provided by Great Plains College must accompany your application for a study permit to verify you plan on studying at a designated learning institution in Canada. Great Plains College is a Designated Learning Institution (DLI Number 0214383061827).
- It is strongly recommended that you submit your study permit application at least three months prior to the start of classes to allow adequate time for processing. For more information on the study permit process please visit www.cic.gc.ca.
- Please note that in addition to the letter of acceptance you will have to prove that you have the financial resources to cover the full program tuition and fees as well as living expenses for the duration of your study period. You will also have to verify that you do not have a criminal record, that you do not pose a security risk to Canada and that you are in good health.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
For more information on Great Plains College International please contact: